Gen-Eye® Hot-Spot Pipe Locator
The new Gen-Eye Hot-Spot pipe locator makes locating easy. Its total field antenna array and on-screen icons lead you right to your target, without the long learning curve
Whether you’re an experienced pro or a first time user, you can quickly locate inspection cameras, sondes, active power lines and utility lines with pinpoint accuracy with this easy-to-use, durable pipe locator.
The easy-to-see auto backlit LCD display shows you the way with arrows that point you in the right direction every time. Utility line location and active buried power line locating is just as easy. And there’s no need to interpret numbers and bar graphs.
The Hot-Spot pipe locator is the industry’s most rugged locator. Rated at IP65, it is dust and dirt proof, and water resistant. It passed the one meter drop test and the screen passed the 18” steel ball drop test.
- Easy to read display – Icons lead you to your target.
- Auto backlight lets you locate in dimly lit areas.
- Total field antenna array – Allows you to locate pipes and more from any direction.
- Line direction compass – Tells you the lay of the pipe.
- Industry’s most rugged pipe locator – Its IP65 rating is the industry’s highest for performing in dusty, dirty, or wet jobsite conditions. Passed 1-meter drop test; screen passed 18″ steel ball drop test.
- Superior battery life – Last approximately 30 hours–more than twice as long as other pipe locators. Automatic shutdown saves power.
- Expanded frequencies – Locates two sonde frequencies, two power frequencies, and four line frequencies (with external transmitter).
- Hot-Spot pipe locator is made in the U.S.A.
- Easy to read display
Icons lead you to your target. Auto backlight lets you locate in dimly lit areas.
- Total field antenna array
Allows you to locate from any direction.
- Line direction compass
Tells you the lay of the pipe.
- Industry’s most rugged pipe locator:
Its IP65 rating is the industry’s highest for performing in dusty, dirty or wet jobsite conditions. Passed 1-meter drop test; screen passed 18″ steel ball drop test.
- Superior Battery Life
Lasts approximately 30 hours – more than twice as long as other locators. Automatic shutdown feature saves power.
- Expanded Frequencies
Locates two sonde frequencies, two power frequencies and four line frequencies (with external transmitter).
- Upgradeable Software
Use the USB port to upgrade software in the field or for a screen capture.
- Simple, menu-based user interface
No need for multiple screens. Easy-to-access menus make it easier to use than other pipe locators.
The Gen-Eye Hot Spot Locator and Transmitter are so easy to use, you find locating to be faster and more productive. That means more profitability for your business. To really appreciate how easy the Gen-Eye Hot Spot is to use, you have to try it for yourself.
Gen-Eye Hot Spot Pipe Locator & Transmitter
|Item #||Catalog #||Description||Weight|
Gen-Eye Hot Spot Pipe Locator w/Padded Bag
Sonde 10 (Blue) with Spring Carrier
Sonde 10 w/Spring Carrier and Hot Spot Pipe Locator
Sonde 20 (Green) with Spring Carrier
Sonde 20 w/Spring Carrier and Hot Spot Pipe Locator
One-Watt Gen-Eye Transmitter
Gen-Eye Hot Spot Pipe Locator/One-Watt Transmitter Combination
Five-Watt Gen-Eye Hot Spot Transmitter
Gen-Eye Hot Spot Pipe Locator/Five-Watt Hot Spot Transmitter Combination
512 Hz and 33KHz
1KHz, 8KHz, 33KHz, 65KHz
Active Power Line Frequencies:
60/50Hz and 180/150Hz
10 ft. in cast iron pipe/20 ft. in clay or plastic
LCD Digital Signal Read-Out, Graphic Display, Directional Arrows, Null Icon, Camera Icon, Utility Icon, Audible Tone, Auto Digital Depth, Battery Status, Auto Backlight
Total Field, Single Peak, Twin Peak, Null and Left/Right (Line Location Only)
4.8 lbs./2.18 Kg
2 D-cell alkaline (Approximately 30 hours of life)
Operating Temperature Range:
-4° F to 122° F (-20° C to 50° C)